Friday, August 12

The Sun's Always Shining

I imagine I have many entries about the sun in this blog to fill a book. That's how grateful I am to always return to that gold electric glow up in the sky and on the inside. That sun, it never stops shining, whether you can see it or not, its light ever-waiting for you to land on it with your eyes or with your heart.

What an undeniably wondrous existence this is.

I remembered something this morning. A trip to San Francisco that I made years ago, a trip the whole
way flying from the east coast to the west coat I spent thinking and feeling like I was riding off into the sunset of my heart. A feeling that I was both leaving and returning home. It had this element of nostalgia with it, a deja vu kind of plane ride that I couldn't put my finger on but felt nonetheless. That feeling stayed with me that trip as I walked the various hilly streets and played with friends.

I find it peculiar when I wake up to a familiar feeling, not knowing what put it there, what stirred it up into my awareness and yet still being able to connect and recall all the memories with it.

The hold of the folds that is this life, is the grand gesture that is God's own hand reaching to restart your heart. Hold on tight. There's no looking back, simply because there is no 'back there' anywhere in life. There's just right now, and whatever language of light plays out in your heart in this moment.

Our lives are woven with feelings and our days put together with geometry. We see what we think we see, but it is what we feel that tells us which world our soul currently inhabits. And when that world feels like light, and gratitude, and the magic of the unknown filling you with inexplicably good feeling anticipation, you must remind yourself to tip your hat to the sun up in the sky and deep inside.

No comments:

Baby Smiles as Meditation

You know when you're having a frazzled day and something pops up in your face to get you to slow down, get back to earth, and just remem...