Friday, October 25

Holograms of the Strange Actress

It's that same old song sung through a different mouth and I'm wondering when you're going to realize the web you'd trapped yourself in.

I wonder how long it'll take you to break this record you have repeating.

Your girlfriend says she's had enough, she can't take it, can't do it no more. She's getting off this roller-coaster ride bending herself in half over all the dreams she gave up for you.

You try to play the song again and all it says is...failed to load.

You oughtta be grateful for that. Because when the old song won't play no more, is when you'll force yourself to live something new. The only habit left to break is the habit of being that old you. You know the one, the one that sought this song out, picked it out of a thousand faces, and convinced himself this was it.

It's nice to see you breaking down...it's nice to see you breaking through.

I'm swinging my legs sitting on a beam of a broken down floating castle. My legs dangle and swing to the beat of this something new. Yeah, I hear this you. Head cocked to the right, bent a little to the side, and I hear a new voice ripping through the old you.

Maybe you'll accuse me of being cruel, of playing games fit for middle school. Or maybe you'll thank me for my warning and you'll walk by knowing I'll never tell a soul of the secrets locked in your graceful stroll. Your eyes stay locked to my eyes and you know what I know, and still I'll never tell a soul.




No comments:

Baby Smiles as Meditation

You know when you're having a frazzled day and something pops up in your face to get you to slow down, get back to earth, and just remem...