Thursday, January 3

Boldly

There is an art to saying everything and holding nothing back while appearing to be saying nothing at all. It maintains the balance between living loudly, boldly, declaring that you are here brilliantly alive in this moment in time and space, and, maintaining some boundaries of living and sharing an intimate secret with life.

I no longer hold back where it matters, where it counts to my heart. This is coming from the girl who used to so expertly play the part of the shy quiet invisible somebody off in the corner. Somewhere along the line that mask dropped, that self died, and out came this woman who would say without missing a beat: "naturally the only way to eat sushi is naked" while in an elevator with a couple of attractive guys.

I laugh at where I'm willing to go, what I'm willing to say or do, who I'm willing to be without hesitation now, what I don't filter or hide. What's the point? We're here, we're alive, we're gifted moments to be bold and loud about - so why miss a beat? "I shouldn't, I can't, I'm not going to" are all remnants of a dead self.

Nothing in the natural world demonstrates hesitation quiet like the human does. Nothing in the natural world demonstrates reservation of spirit, of aliveness like we do. Contemplation is useful, meditation is useful, deliberation with your own heart is useful. Hesitation, doubt, fear of getting it wrong? Let's throw all of that out the window. Let's boldly go where we've never gone before and go into it with all of ourselves, our voices set to loud, our arms ready, our whole entire being engaged in the living that awaits us at every turn.

I'm alive damn it, and I'm not going to be quiet about that.

No comments:

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Right now, billions of neurons in your brain are working together to generate a conscious experience -- and not just any conscious experie...