Thursday, August 9

Parallel Plans

Not so very long ago, I was walking across the bridge I cross every morning when I noticed a remote control laying on the railing.

I talk and write a lot about shifting realities, moving through parallel worlds, and letting yourself easily slip into a different version of you at your choosing. I subscribe to the concept that the world doesn't change, because there is actually no world apart from the you that is experiencing it. If things appear to change, it is because you have changed the version of your self you look through. A new you and a new world are the same event. 

The way I see it...you only really ever experience yourself. Not metaphorically. Literally. I notice this playing out constantly. The moment my attention goes into some specific direction, things start to bubble up, synchronicities come, events collide-and-scope to form a sequence that makes the "new" insertion believable to my conscious mind. I feel like I've often got this expanded view, where I get to watch my own consciousness weave itself into an external world that I then get to participate in physically.

I most often welcome models that introduce and require a kind of flexibility of consciousness. I rule nothing out and I never settle on a premise that only says "this is the way things are" - I'll always add "for right now". I include everything as a possibility. Even if I see it as an outdated archaic practice, it's still allowed. 

I find that this perspective let's me take in more...let's me consider and allow more information to come through. And really it's just a more fun model of the world(s) to play with than anything else I've come across...so far.

So, I mark everything that catches my attention as a sign-post coming into view. There has never been a clearer one to me to date than that one with the bridge and the remote and everything else that followed.

This is fun.

Things I absolutely love right now:
 the green tea soy latte i just made
the flax seed milk I found at the grocery store
the daily google olympic doodle
fifty shades of what now
skype
the magick that is my own mind

No comments:

Baby Smiles as Meditation

You know when you're having a frazzled day and something pops up in your face to get you to slow down, get back to earth, and just remem...