Saturday, June 5

$6,000 in 8 Weeks

Hello Reader Friend ~

Read this! Share this! Donate any amount! Help in any way you can please! :)

Letter from my dear friend Tomissa:
"I write this note to ask for help.

Or I should say to ask for Money.

I'll tell you why.

My son, Matthew, is amazing.
Well, I have 4 boys and I think they're all pretty amazing, but today we're focusing on Matt.

He is 17 and about to enter his senior year of high school. He was given a "full ride" scholarship when he graduated from 8th grade, an opportunity we just couldn't pass up. Along with the scholarship, he was given possiblity. The possibility that he CAN achieve anything if he works hard, is dedicated and kind. He is all of that and more.

Thursday we found out the benefactor, who had been paying his tuition ($8000 per year, includes room/board), had been hit hard financially and stopped paying.
This brings us to my plea for help.

I am now responsible for the remaining balance. $6000

That gives our family of 6 a little more than 8 weeks to raise this amount or he won't be able to return.

Now I have heard people say,"too bad, just have him go to public school." To those comments, I say , "Then you don't know my Matt."

He would go to public school if I asked him to.
But, it would be devestating.
Someone gave him a dream and they can't take it back now.

I won't allow it.

He is at the TOP of his graduating class, he is on the Varsity football team, he has a kind & beautiful girlfriend of 3 years, he is the RA for his floor, he has a job a the student union and he is a part of Project Timothy(which does missionary & charity work all over this country and the world).

He is kind.
He is dedicated.
He is motivated.
He is love.

You would not only be giving my son back his dream, but as he is studying to become a Doctor or a Teacher, he will be giving back to YOU as well!


Endless Gratitude and LoVE...♥


http://dreamingtree73.chipin.com/matthew
Homecoming 2009
Matt & Hannah
** wanted to add a sidenote, we, as a family are working extra and selling whatever we can in order to bring this total down.
-Tomissa

I know this CAN happen - $6,000 in 8 weeks!

Let's make this world as bright and beautiful as we want not only for Matt but for everyone the choice to help him will touch, now and in the future!

❤k.

1 comment:

Fashionista Amanda said...

I have faith we can all pull together! Sending my faith and wishes for Matt and his family.

Baby Smiles as Meditation

You know when you're having a frazzled day and something pops up in your face to get you to slow down, get back to earth, and just remem...