Friday, May 7

Slow Motion for Me

“Life is all memory, except for the one present moment that goes by you so quickly you hardly catch it going” - Tennessee Williams
It's amazing really. All of these events come about in just a flicker, big changes and small changes - my being an auntie again, it's already happened. My living on an island, it's old news. Even the things I'm looking forward to, like my trip to Seattle next week, it's already on it's way to passing. It all just goes by so quickly - this moment...and now...and now...and now.

The light show carries on, the story unfolds, yet I feel like with all that's passing...I'm just sitting Here Now watching it all...in slow motion. I appear to be living it, but really I'm watching...

It all seems so far away, the past, the memories, even five minutes ago.

"To me nothing ever happens. There is something changeless, motionless, immovable, rock-like, unassailable; a solid mass of pure being-consciousness-bliss. I am never out of it. Nothing can take me out of it, no torture, no calamity." - Nisargadatta Maharaj
No worldly bliss or story.
"Nothing has ever happened. Nothing has ever existed. The world never came into existence or disappeared from it. That place is my real home. It is where I always am. One can say this with authority only when one abides in that ultimate place." - Papaji
I Am.
         Not.

1 comment:

Manu Namasivayam said...

A comprehensive non-commercial site exclusively for the articles related to Nisargadatta Maharaj. Books, Photos, Videos, and others.
Visit : Nisargadatta Maharaj

Manu Namasivayam

Baby Smiles as Meditation

You know when you're having a frazzled day and something pops up in your face to get you to slow down, get back to earth, and just remem...