Tuesday, January 12

Being Furnished

Human beings are so absolutely gracious and beautiful. I'm surrounded by Love. It never ends to amaze me just how quickly people show up as Love, being, and expressing nothing but generosity each and every step of the way. Beings in my life and virtual strangers keep showing up to show me just how vast the Love that we are extends. It is so lovely!

I've been in my new home having no idea what to shop for to furnish my new place. I've never had to furnish an entire apartment before so figuring out what I like, how I want it to look, and the money involved is all new arena. It's really nice to get to develop my own taste and style, to discover the decor guru within myself. So as the scenes pass and various amazing beings hear that I don't have furniture yet, free little pieces started showing up. But that's not the beautiful part...it's the way beautiful human being after beautiful human being showed up on my doorstep with furniture pieces in their hands asking "hey would you have use for this" with genuine concern, kindness, and openness. I want to figure out what I like and find my own taste in the items I ultimately bring into my home, but that I have these "in the meantime" pieces show up through these kinds of gestures, continues to redefine just what humanity is about for me. I love human beings! Like, a whole lot! And I love that these free pieces are giving me the time I need to create the kind of space I really want without having to go rush out and just fill my space out with stuff I'm not crazy about. I actually want to be crazy about everything I bring home with me!



I've narrowed my living room furnishings down to wanting it all to be dark furniture, mostly dark brown items. Just one sofa and maybe a matching chair (maybe), a coffee table, and just one end table. I want to keep the space open and free of clutter. I love walking into a space that feels and looks spacious and that's what I want to create for my living room. I definitely want an area rug and would actually love it if they removed or replaced the "I'll grow to love it" carpet that right now covers most of the apartment. In contrast, I think I definitely want my dining area to have light wood furniture, but still be elegant and a "grandma's kitchen" graduate - meaning I want a modern "fine dining" type of look but with a light touch. I have no idea what I want for my bedroom yet. The bed works great but no theme is popping out at me. I think I want to have a reading chair in there. It will come. In the meantime, I'm finding that this figuring it out thing is just another beautiful layer of self-discovery and self-expression.

You are lovely!

❤k.

1 comment:

Pina *Kristina* Colada said...

My lovie Kid!I am so happy to hear all the fun stuff that happen to you!You are pure magick!

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Right now, billions of neurons in your brain are working together to generate a conscious experience -- and not just any conscious experie...