Saturday, December 5

Mom and Dad

Something kept me up last night before I finally dozed off to sleep. I felt a powerful surge of love and appreciation for my mom, my one and only remaining parent, that then turned itself into awe and adoration for both my parents.


Physical distance is an amazing thing. All the ways my mom was pure love to me now shine boldly and brightly. I can feel every ounce of love she has ever extended toward me. I can't say "she's all I have" for life has taught me that I actually have the whole entire Universe. What I can say is that I see more clearer than ever today of how she, in her own perfect and beautiful way, is a shining example of how love expresses itself in and as every human being. A mother's love but mirrors the greatest love of all! And my mother is beautiful and stunning in the way she loves. Her generosity alone, with everyone, floors me to no end. She is endless giving, a gift that keeps on giving, parading around as a playful human being. And she's been an amazing teacher to me of what strength, love, and generosity can look like.

I was blessed with an equally amazing father. He totally walked on water to my eyes. I worshiped him in ways that to this day I have no words for. To my child eyes he was something extraordinary. I spent my evenings tucked under his arm refusing to go to bed, sneaking into my mom and dad's room so I can sleep on the floor on his side of the bed, and waking up early so I could see him before work and have his breakfast with him, just the two of us. And he spoiled me to the core. Sneaking me money even though my mom had said not to, or getting me whatever toy I wanted, when I wanted it, in so many ways, in love, in gifts, in attention, he gave me all of it. He taught me early on the same lesson that I now continue to learn on a Cosmic level...whatever it is that I want, all I have to do is ask, and it's mine!  And I never have to settle in love or anything else for I deserve all of what I ask for and more. Powerful.

My dad died when I was 12. Everyone expected me to fall apart and walked on eggshells around me because of that expectation, but that didn't happen. Instead, a bigger love revealed itself and walked me into all sorts of miracles and continues to do so to this day. I don't know anything about why I'm here or why I came through these amazing beings into this world. What I do know is that each step in my human experience has been a revelation in love. And that revelation began with my parents. My parents and everything that they are is a revealing of love. So today I send out the thanks I can muster up with all of my being and radiate it out to them - my mom in Ottawa, and my dad on the other side of the veil. Thank you for who you are in this moment, and thank you for being who and what you are to me. I love you. Immensely!

in love,
Kid.

No comments:

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Right now, billions of neurons in your brain are working together to generate a conscious experience -- and not just any conscious experie...