Monday, December 14

Being Open

I've developed an openness I didn't know was possible, one that has me knowing what's at the heart of every face, whether that face is known or unfamiliar. My heart extends in every direction - there is no one person who is more my soul-mate than another. There is no one person who is less my soul-sister or soul-brother than another.

We've trained ourselves to specialize our connections based on the stories we collect. "You mean something to me because I know you" or "well I don't know you so I'm going to close myself off to you" is trained self-preservation at its best. It's a well practiced pattern in the human mind. We're so much more in how connected we are. Every discovery of an-other is a discovery of mySelf. How do you separate Life into "special" and "not special" - how do you hold one face to mean more than another when it is all the face of One Life, the face of Love?

In preserving your separation from everything...from everyone...in your closing yourself off from that person or this person, in your being selective on who you let into your heart, you miss out on experiencing yourSelf from the beauty of another one of Your own angles. It's all You. Every angle, every perspective is your own. Every pair of eyes that look at you and that look for you, are your own. You are Eternity looking at yourself through numberless points of view. There's nothing else.
"From each, Love demands a mystic silence.
What do all seek so earnestly? Tis Love.

Love is the subject of their inmost thoughts,
In Love no longer "Thou" and "I" exist,
For self has passed away in the Beloved.

Now will I draw aside the veil from Love,
And in the temple of mine inmost soul
Behold the Friend, Incomparable Love.
He who would know the secret of both worlds
Will find that the secret of them both is Love."
                                                        - Attar


Be Love. Be All. Be Open.
♥k.

1 comment:

jouettelove said...

beautiful!
ooo
i so LOVE love! my favorite subject ♥

Baby Smiles as Meditation

You know when you're having a frazzled day and something pops up in your face to get you to slow down, get back to earth, and just remem...