To create this fresh party in your mouth you'll need about 15-20min and:
- 1 can (15ounce) of chick peas (soak in water for a few minutes and rinse)
- 1 bunch of parsley finely chopped
- 1 garlic crushed/finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (can be substituted for whatever other vinegar you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Drain chickpeas and in a medium sized bowl combine with all the veggies (onion, tomato, garlic, parsley). Mix balsamic and olive oil together and add to bowl. Add the juice from the lime and stir. Sprinkle salt to taste.
You can play with this easy dish and switch up the veggies (i.e. cucumber and tomato with oregano and just olive oil will make it Greek-ish) while still getting your awesome dose of protein a la chickpea love.
If you want to use dry chickpeas, you can! But be sure to soak them overnight. Your teeth will thank you.