Wednesday, April 4

She and I

Empty promises made in between the dreams of this wakeful dreaming.
And I’m paying her dues.
She sleeps through the tears.
While I weep for her fears.
As she asks, “where have all the promises gone to?”
I cannot answer her.
I submit and let the agony of her longings trickle out of these eyes.
Who promised her the sky?
She speaks stillness, but I do not understand.
What isn’t she telling me?
I submit and feel the pangs of her aching heart until the rising temperature of this body subsides.
I’m tired.
Let me sleep dear soul.
I toss and turn.
She won’t let me.
“Something big has already begun” she echoes into my ears.
Oh foolish heart.
Will she come to realize it is already over?

No comments:

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Right now, billions of neurons in your brain are working together to generate a conscious experience -- and not just any conscious experie...