Thursday, December 28

love's possibilities

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" she asked, already expecting my practicality to take its form and form the words she thought I'd say, but instead...I said:

"I believe in love.
That's the beginning and the end.
I don't really care how it comes into my life.
Whether it's in an instant or over time,
whether it's at a distance or in the flesh,
whether it's upside down or right side up.
I don't care if I'm falling in love or rising up to it.
Love is love and its possibilities are endless.
So I believe in love.
I believe in all the ways it can come to me.
I believe in love at first sight and I believe in love over time.
I believe in love at a distance and I believe in love in the flesh.
Whether I'm right side up or upside down,
whether I'm falling into it or rising up to meet it,
I believe in love, in all its possibilities.
"

No comments:

Baby Smiles as Meditation

You know when you're having a frazzled day and something pops up in your face to get you to slow down, get back to earth, and just remem...